How does the advanced BioGenerator technology work and why is it so unique?
- The BioGenerator is an innovative and automated system for growing and applying bacteria that can degrade a wide range of organic matter present in wastewater streams
- The patented system is the result of 8+ years of research by NCH R&D staff
- Today there are over 3,000 machines in service all over the world
- Programmable Operation
The BioGenerator growth cycle can be programmed to fit your operations
- Standard connections
Unit connects to a standard hose bib & 110V electrical outlet
- No Maintenance
We maintain the unit. Set it and forget it
- Battery backup
Battery maintains unit’s settings during power outages
- Proven Reliability
The BioGenerator’s reliability has been proven with over 100 million logged hours
- Back-flow prevention
Meets standard plumbing code to insure biologicals do not enter the fresh water supply
- Compact Size
The BioGenerator easily mounts in space constricted locations
- Overflow protection
Unit will automatically shut-off if leakage occurs
Why is the BioGenerator so unique and effective?
The BioGenerator unique, balance of microbiology & advanced engineering
The BioGenerator produces high levels of sustainable, naturally occurring, bacteria everyday.
The Microbiology: the Advantages of Free-Flow
The BioGenerator uses a consortium of 5 sustainable, naturally occurring bacteria
- Two strains of Pseudomonas were chosen because they aggressively degrade BOD and hydrocarbons.
- Strains of bacillus were chosen because they can work in higher temperatures and are facultative.
- Certified as BioPreferred by the US Department of Agriculture and is 94% bio-based.
- All strains are Class I bacteria and guaranteed to be free of Salmonella, E-Coli, Listeria and other harmful bacteria.
- The tablets contain the starter culture and all the nutrients required to grow and survive for 24 hours
Active vs. Dormant bacteria
The BioGenerator discharges ACTIVE bacteria that begin feeding the instant they enter the wastewater stream
- Traditional biological products can require 4-6 hours for the bacteria to come out of their dormant state
In short Hydraulic Retention time systems, traditional bacterial treatments can get flushed through the system before they even become active
The power of exponential growth
The BioGenerator’s 24-hour growth cycle allows bacteria to replicate in an ideal growing environment before entering the wastewater stream
One BioGenerator dispenses 31 trillion active bacteria daily. That is equivalent to 17-25 pounds of dry bacteria everyday.